Friday, November 25, 2011

Nov 21st 2011

Tribute to all my Ntinda Friends and Family!!!

To all the people who made my time in Ntinda worthwhile. May God bless each and every one of you. Thanks to all for such a wonderful 4 1/2 months!!! I will truly miss each and everyone of you and remember you for the rest of my life.  

Dear Family and Friends!!!
This week has really flown by for me, and I think it probably did for you as well seeing as we all are in the same space time warp...:/ haha, I don't have any idea where that came from!!! The power has been a bit sketchy for me the past few weeks (and it probably will be for the next 18 months :D) I apologise for the communication gap that may have ensued. This week we had a baptism. The cool thing about her story is that she is the sister of one of my other Recent Converts. We started teaching her back in August. She went to Mbarara for about a month and a half and returned about 3 weeks ago. Elder... and I were able to review everything with her and being the powerful young woman she is she was able to pick things up right where we left off. Yesterday we had her baptism service which was well attended by the members of the branch. One thing that we do a little different here in Ntinda from many of the wards and branches in the states is that we have baptisms on Sunday just following the church services, this makes it much easiser for all the members of the branch to attend and support the new brother or sister.

Y'all must be getting bored of me staying in one place (Ntinda) and I can understand that, but the 4 1/2 months I have been here in Ntinda have been very powerful and I have been able to help so many people. Emails just don't do missionary work justice, I wish there was some way that I could truly express my feelings for all the people here. When I get home I promise that I will just talk your ears off about Sister...and her story, Sister... and her awesome smile and laugh, Brother... and his perserverance, Brother... (RC who I thought was a RM) and so many more people!!!

Well, I promise that I won't be boring you anymore with the same ole', same ole'. My time in Ntinda has come to a close. I have been transferred to a place in far eastern Uganda (about as far east as you can get without going into Kenya) called Busia. The village is right on the border of Uganda and Kenya so I am right on the edge of the mission. I will keep you all updated on my further adventures in Uganda and I hope to keep you all on the edge of your seats.

My love and prayers are with you. Remember to be strong and of good courage!!!

Love,
Elder Winters


I found LAYS in Uganda!!!

Brother... a Guard on Nguru Hill

Me 'N ... one of our Recent Convert's Cousins



... and Me on our last Sunday together

6 Month Photo Shoot

No comments:

Post a Comment