Monday, September 17, 2012

September 17th 2012

HEY FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!! I wasn't able to say anything about the 9/11 anniversary, but all of us American missionaries were thinking about it. When something such as 9/11 happens to a country people remember it the rest of their lives. Just as people still remember Pearl Harbor so many decades after, 9/11 will remain in the hearts of people for the rest of time. It got me to thinking about some of the prophesies of the second coming speaking about wars and rumors of wars. The Second Coming of our Savior is approaching. I don't know how far. We need to follow the admonition of Amulek in Alma 34:32 "This is the time to prepare to meet God, this is the time to perform our labors." You may ask, what exactly are the labors which we need to perform? Well let me tell you...For us to be prepared to meet God, we must follow the Gospel which Jesus Christ taught and established: Develop Faith in Jesus Christ, Repent of our sins, Be baptized by immersion by someone who holds the priesthood authority of God, Receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost from someone who holds the aforementioned Priesthood, and Endure to the end of our lives keeping the commandments of God. If we do these things, then we will be prepared whether Christ comes tomorrow, or in 20 years. This is the time, let's use it wisely.

This Saturday, my new companion from Zimbabwe and I had a baptism of a wonderful girl. She was referred to us by several members and she came to church for many weeks straight. We were able to participate in her baptism and confirmation this weekend and my joy is full. I am continuing to work hard and as the final 8 months of my mission tick by, I am going to put more and more effort into finding those souls who are prepared to receive the ordinances of the Gospel. For any who are reading this post not having partaken of the fullness of the Gospel, here is my invitation today. Please reach out for the hand which is stretched out, waiting, pleading for you to come. This is the only way and there is no other way under heaven by which man may receive a remission of his sins.

I love you all!!! Thanks for being such great friends and family.

-Elder Winters


This Week's Baptism


Me and my new Companion from Zimbabwe


No comments:

Post a Comment