Tuesday, October 23, 2012

October 23rd 2012

Hey there everyone!!!! It's ME!!! haha

So another transfer has come and gone. This weekend through today
(Tuesday) we are dealing with the transfers of missionaries all around
the mission. Right now I am in Kampala doing some stuff at the mission
office and I was able to find a few minutes to email my favorite
friends and family. ;D

Not much with regard to transfer news, I'm going to be staying in
Mbale another transfer and bringing another companion in. I have not
had much luck at keeping companions, they seem to stick 6 weeks then
bounce...oh well. haha My new companion is called Elder Ngqoyiya, try
and pronounce that one first off...haha It is obviously a South
African name with the fun tongue click at the beginning.
(clickNOY-EE-UH) the click is on the "N" consonant. It is fun to
finally have someone with a really interesting African name!!!! haha
He is awesome and I was actually in the Busia district with him from
October to December of last year, so it has been a good reunion. We
are really looking forward to helping out Busia reach their highest
potential. Elder Stewart (another former companion) is the District
Leader there and I'm really looking forward to having him there to
keep things moving.

As far as the missionary work is concerned, we are working with a
really great family which Elder Barton (senior couple) found for us.
They are really great and we are hoping that they will progress in the
very near future to baptism and experience the blessings which come
from membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!!!

I have such a strong testimony of this gospel. Jesus Christ the Son of
God DID come to the earth, He DID call 12 Apostles and He DID organize
His church. His church HAS been restored to the earth and is here as
the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For those who don't
know this truth for themselves YET please take the time to check out
www.mormon.org or www.lds.org you will find many things which are of
eternal importance to you there. I know why I am out here in Uganda.
It is not easy, but it is worth it!!! Yesterday we sent home quite a
few missionaries (honorably of course...haha) and they all wished that
they could stay longer. Missionary work brings such great blessings to
the lives of Elders, Sisters and their families. I am so happy to hear
about the recent influx of missionary applications. KEEP THEM
COMING!!!!!

Love you guys, have a safe week and I'll talk to you next Monday!!!!

-Elder Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment