Monday, June 18, 2012

June 19th 2012



Big news of the week...I'm PREGNANT!!! Yep, you heard me right. I am expecting a son who is due to arrive on the 19th of June, 2012!!! I find it very hard to believe that I am old enough (I'm only a year old...;P). As I look back at things I can see that God has been preparing me my entire mission for this wonderful opportunity which has finally come. Training a new missionary can be a big challenge but can also contain great blessings. I am grateful for all the experiences I have gone through, both the good and the...not so good ;) I have learned patience, diligence, and the power of prayer and I hope to instil those attributes into my new companion. I'm not quite sure what we will call him yet...haha We'll find out on Wednesday. :D Anyways, that is the biggest news of the week. We are still working hard, we were hoping to have a powerful baptism on Sunday but things fell through. I really know that Satan is working hard against these investigators and Recent Converts, and sadly he has a powerful influence which is hard to resist with a weak and still growing testimony. We missionaries and strong members of the church are here however to support and strengthen those who are not strong themselves yet.


-Elder Winters


Rain storm last week. The road was completely flooded!!!


Carrying Jerry Cans is one of the ways missionaries provide service to people here in the Uganda Kampala Mission!!!


Umbrella, Broom, M-16...just some standard equipment in the closet of one of our investigators....haha (He's a policeman)


No comments:

Post a Comment