Thursday, August 25, 2011

August 22 2011

August 22nd 2011
For starters...HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACOB!!!! Everybody, it's my brother's birthday today. If you see make sure you tell him happy birthday. He is no 12 years old and will be receiving the Aaronic Priesthood on Sunday!!!! All right, got that out of my system.

So I made it a point to take more pictures this week which is good because I spent quite a bit of time emailing my family members so I don't have too much time to write much here.
This week was great!!! It really seemed to fly (I like it when time does that ;D) Wednesday (17th) marked my 3 month point which I guess means I'm 1/8 finished my mission, but who's counting anyway right? haha It has officially been 3 months since I have been cold. It has been 3 months since I ate the wonderful Roast Beef and Mashed potatoes at the Lion House. It has been 3 months since I have flown in an airplane (some sort of record for me or something...) It has been 3 months since I held my little sister Sophie who is now so grown up I can't even believe it. It has been 3 months since I drove a car (that has been interesting, I miss it a lot) It has been 3 months since I have been to the temple. It has been 3 months since I have eaten a chocolate Frostee from Wendy's (Another record for me ;D) It has been 3 months since I have done a lot of things but it has been a 3 months full of wonderful spiritual experiences and meeting amazing people.

On Saturday (20th) we participated in an All Africa Helping Hands Day. You know the yellow Helping Hands t-shirts you see at every major disaster? Yah, we got to wear those. The Ntinda branch traveled to Entebbe (by the Airport!!!!!!!) to do some service. We had about between 300-400 people show up which was awesome!!! We swept Entebbe with crews of 8-10 people and cleaned garbage out of the ditches and roads. All in all we ended up filling a huge dump truck with "rubbish" as they call it here :D

Sister Ritah was baptized on Sunday. It was actually a funny experience because she told us before she got in that she is deathly afraid of water so we had to calm her down as she was getting in. We were able to baptize her and she bore a wonderful testimony after she was dressed. The scriptures are true, How great is my joy!!!! I have  baptized 4 people in 3 months. I know that I have made a difference in their lives.

Sorry for the short email, I hope the pictures make up for it!!!

Have a great week everyone!!!

Love,
Elder Winters

Sister Ritah's Baptism Day









No comments:

Post a Comment