Friday, October 28, 2011

Oct 24th 2011

Hey Guys!!!
Haha, I should really think of a more original way to start my emails, it's probably starting to get boring. :D

This week has been one of the most powerful on my entire mission to this point. Elder Stewart and I are really starting to click. The first week with a new companion is always a little tough but this week we started to move together as one. We are starting to follow each others train of thought and it really makes lessons flow nicely. We have been blessed this week with 7 new investigators. A few of them are very powerful, one in particular. His name is …. and we actually met him as a street contact. Surprisingly he showed up at church for General Conference on the 16th of October and stayed for both sessions. That is the first thing that told us he was Golden, the second thing is that he practically begged to be baptized during our first lesson. We kindly explained to him that to be baptized we must first complete several requirements such as coming to church at least 2 weeks in a row, gain a testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon, and pass a worthiness interview. He asked us how he could make all these things happened and we were more than happy to explain to him :D He is scheduled to be baptized this Saturday (29th) which we are very excited for. I'll be sure to send pictures and my own reflections on the service.

I don't have a lot to say this week, maybe I'm just all tuckered out, maybe nothing needs to be said. I simply want to let each and every one of you know that Heavenly Father loves you. He loves us so much that he sent His only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ to Atone for us. The Atonement has often been classified as Christ's suffering for our sins so that we may return to live with God again. One thing which is often overlooked is that the Atonement is not purely to overcome sin. Jesus Christ suffered for all people and all things. He suffered for our pains, He suffered for our sorrows, He suffered for our doubts and fears. We have a resource available to us which we don't think about in these times of trial. I want to testify to you that whenever we are going through something we think we cannot handle we CAN turn to our Heavenly Father. He WILL bless us with strength as he did the people of King Limhi in the Book of Mormon. I am so grateful for my Savior, Your Savior, All of ours Savior. Please, if you need help in your lives, turn to your Heavenly Father. He IS there, and he DOES listen. I leave my words with you today, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

All my love from Uganda,
Elder Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment