Monday, July 16, 2012

July 16th 2012

Hello my favorite family and friends in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!

I must admit that I am really missing all of you right now. Not so much that I can't work but I think about all of you. Thanks for all the wonderful people who take the time to email me and write me almost each week. I really love getting the news from home and hearing about all the wonderful ways God is blessing you in your lives.

This week we had our most recent baptism interviewed for the Aaronic Priesthood. I think I may have said this before, but the best part of staying in an area for a while is seeing Recent Converts continue to progress in the church. It is also great to see their testimonies grow and see how their lives change as God blesses them for their faith.

Today for a Zone Activity we went to the Kajjansi Snake Park which is located in my area here. We saw some pretty cool stuff and the tour guide used a stick to provoke the cobras and pythons to do some stuff you don't see at Hogle Zoo. (If you want to know, you'll have to ask me to show you when I get home...;P)

Life has many challenges, but our adversity can and will make us stronger. No matter what may be going on in your lives right now, please remember that God is watching over you!!!

Best wishes from the Uganda Kampala Mission!!!

Love,
Elder Winters

Biggest Fast Offering I have ever given 20,000!!! (Haha, the tithing slips here have the USD sign so it makes things pretty funny!!! :P


Diggin' Time with an Investigator


Uganda Kampala Mission Tan Line (on the neck due to wearing collared shirts all day LONG!!!)


Elder Winters having a staring contest with a chameleon.


Desert Tortoise snowman (what Ugandans do without snow...;P)


King Cobra set for the kill

 

No comments:

Post a Comment