Monday, July 9, 2012

July 9th 2012


Hey guys!!! It has been the most physically exhausting week of my mission, but also one of the most rewarding!!!  This past Sunday (1st July) we had a POWERFUL baptism!!!! I have had some great investigators but this one has been by far my favorite brother to teach.


On Friday morning at 6:30 we arrived at the Second Counselor's (Branch Presidency) garden for digging. He was cultivating the soil to prepare for sweet potatoes. I had done cultivating and mounding before but it was my companions first chance. What is more, the next morning we went to one of our investigator's gardens and dug for 2 hours there. The work (both spiritual and temporal) is EXHAUSTING but definitely worth it!!!


We are going to Nsambya to get Njera (Ethiopian food) today, so I don't have a lot of time to share much. Just know that I'm still alive...;D and still kickin'!!!


One fun thing I would like to mention though...We just recently had a Sister missionary return to our branch (Kajjansi) from the Ghana Accrah mission. Amazingly, she knows several elders from Stansbury Park. Just shows you how small the world really is!!!


All my love from Uganda!!! The land of eternal heat!!!


-Elder Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment