Monday, July 2, 2012

July 2nd 2012





HELLO EVERYONE!!!!

So I was looking over the last blog post I wrote and I totally failed to mention who my new companion is. Well, you have a picture, but I guess a name to go with it would be useful. My companion for my 3rd transfer here in Kajjansi is from Salt Lake City, UT. He is an awesome guy with lots of interests that have been a lot of fun to talk about. One cool thing is that his twin brother is serving his mission in the Cape Town, South Africa Mission. They went to the Johannesburg MTC together and had a great time!!! Now they are both in COMPLETELY different places but I'm sure that each is lovin' it!!!

This week has been a hard working week as usual. One thing I am grateful for is being able to see the results of some of our labors. Yesterday (Sunday) We had a powerful baptism. This brother was a referral from one of our other investigators and progressed like a gem!!! I am so proud of him and the choices he has made in his life. It may interest you that the one thing which really caught his attention at first was The Family, a Proclamation to the World. We gave him a copy on our first visit because he seemed to very much care about his family. He has a great understanding of how the Gospel can and WILL bless him and his wife and small daughter. Another thing that he has really loved is the Book of Mormon. I have gained a very strong testimony of this special book and its power in conversion. We have had great success in using the Book of Mormon Story Reader with people we teach.  We have some investigators and recent converts who LOVE this book. :D It helps them to understand the stories as well as the teachings. We are using all of the wonderful materials produced by the church and people's lives are being changed!!!!

I hope that everyone has a WONDERFUL 4th of July and that everyone will stay safe with the fireworks. I hear that Utah at least will have pretty strict firework laws this year which is probably smart. No telling what some hooligan may do with those arial fireworks.

Thank you for all the support and prayers. I have and will continue to love my mission. All you young men between 12 and 18, NOW is the time for you to make the important decision to serve a mission. NOW is the time to prepare yourself mentally, spiritually and emotionally. I promise you that you WILL NOT regret the sacrifice to serve the Lord. I have seen so many blessings and miraculous life changes in the short time I have been out. I will ever remember the things that God has blessed me to learn through the many challenges and hard times. Adversity is there to make us strong and as my mission president says: "If mission was easy, [my] younger sister would be out here instead of me." haha I really do respect and admire President Jackson, I have learned so much from him. OKAY!!! Enough of my totally random thoughts paragraph...have a great week and I'll talk to you soon!!!!

Love,
Elder Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment